What is Visual Studio Code?
Visual Studio Code is a free, open-source code editor developed by Microsoft. It is lightweight, fast, and customizable, making it a popular choice among web developers. It supports multiple programming languages and has a rich set of extensions that can enhance the development experience.
Creating an HTML file
- Click on File > New File to create a new file.
- Type ! followed by the Tab key to generate the basic structure of an HTML document.
- Save the file with a .html extension.
You should now have a basic HTML file that looks like this:
Adding CSS to the HTML file
The next step is to add CSS to the HTML file to add styles and layout. To do this, follow these steps:
- Create a new file and save it with a .css extension.
- Link the CSS file to the HTML file by adding the following code to the head section of the HTML file:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css">
Replace style.css with the name of your CSS file.
You can now add CSS styles to the CSS file and they will be applied to the HTML file.
- Create a new file and save it with a .js extension.