Step 1: Install Notepad++
Step 2: Create a New Document
Once you have installed Notepad++, open the program and create a new document. You can do this by going to the “File” menu and selecting “New”.
Step 4: Save Your File
Step 6: Test Your Code
4. Use code folding: Code folding allows you to collapse sections of your code, making it easier to navigate and read. To enable code folding in Notepad++, go to Settings > Preferences > Editing > Folder margin style > Box tree.
6. Customize your workspace: Notepad++ allows you to customize your workspace to suit your needs. You can customize the toolbar, change the font and color scheme, and even create your own macros. To customize your workspace, go to Settings > Style Configurator.
Running Code in Notepad++: Everything You Need to Know
Notepad++ is a popular text editor that has gained popularity among developers due to its lightweight design and user-friendly interface. It is not only a source code editor but also a platform that allows you to run code within the editor itself. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about running code in Notepad++.
Installing a Plugin to Run Code in Notepad++
Before running code in Notepad++, you need to install a plugin that enables the platform to execute code. The most popular plugin for this purpose is the NppExec plugin. To install it, follow these simple steps:
- Open Notepad++ and click on the “Plugins” tab in the top menu.
- Select “Plugin Manager” and click on “Show Plugin Manager.”
- Scroll down and select “NppExec” from the list of available plugins.
- Click on “Install” and wait for the installation to complete.
Running Code in Notepad++ with NppExec
Once you have installed the NppExec plugin, you can start running code in Notepad++. Follow these steps:
- Open the file containing the code you want to run.
- Click on the “Plugins” tab in the top menu.
- Select “NppExec” and click on “Execute.”
- A new window will open. Type in the command to run the code.
- Click on “OK,” and Notepad++ will execute the code.
One of the most significant benefits of NppExec is its customization options. You can customize the plugin to suit your specific needs. Here are some of the customization options:
- Command Arguments: You can add additional arguments to the command line to customize the execution of the code.
- Working Directory: You can set the working directory for the code execution.
- Keyboard Shortcut: You can assign a keyboard shortcut for quick access to the NppExec plugin.
Step 2: Right-click on the file and select “Open With” from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Select “Notepad” from the list of programs.
Step 4: If Notepad is not listed, click “Choose another app” and select Notepad from there.
Step 5: Once you have selected Notepad, click “OK” to open the file.
Tip: To make the code easier to read, you can format it by selecting all of the code (Ctrl+A) and then pressing the Ctrl+Shift+T keys. This will indent the code and make it more readable.