How can you mitigate these risks?
- Use a reputable browser: Make sure you are using a browser with strong security features and a good track record of addressing vulnerabilities.
- Keep your browser up-to-date: Regularly install updates to your browser to ensure it has the latest security patches.
Another risk is clickjacking, where an attacker tricks a user into clicking on a hidden or disguised element on a web page. This can lead to unintended actions, such as transferring money or revealing sensitive information.
How Can You Stay Safe?
- Sanitize User Input: Validate and sanitize all user input to prevent XSS attacks.
- Use Content Security Policy (CSP): CSP is a security standard that allows you to whitelist the sources of content that your website can load. This helps prevent XSS and other attacks.
- Use HTTPS: HTTPS encrypts the communication between the user’s browser and the server, preventing attackers from intercepting or modifying the traffic.